Some pseudo-random comments...

Monday, October 07, 2013

Fwd: Conversation on 6 October 2013










We ate lunch at a very nice restaurant yesterday - "Prime on the Nine" -   when we heard the man behind us say "the furloughed government employees   are going to get paid for not going to work." I asked Kathie to confirm   what he had said. Then, I turned and said:    "I'm a furloughed government worker. I worked four days last week for   free, 3 pm to 11 pm. This coming week, I'll be working 5 am to 1 pm for   free too."    This gave the man pause and he said something like "I hope they start   paying you soon."  I said "thank you", turned away and concentrated on   Kathie. Later, the folks behind me left and the man said "I hope they   start paying you soon." I thanked him.    It seems many people think of Federal Employees as fixing to be paid for   not working; they don't think of the Feds who are working for free such   as the NWS, FEMA, FAA, TSA, etc. Thanks a lot for this Speaker Boehner...    I know "my" House Member is guilty of shafting us all and can't wait to   switch to Democrat (from Republican) next erection season (I say   "erection" rather than "election" as "erection" leads to screwing the   public...)  



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home