Some pseudo-random comments...

Monday, February 17, 2020

bladder story 1

I went to my Urologist Dr. Faris Sabri Azzouni MD. I expected the usual finger up the ass to check prostate and a prescription refill. Boy, was I ever in for a surprise!

The Nurse asked me what my symptoms were. I told her dribbling after peeing and needing to pee urgently. She had me sit on the bed, pull my pants down and did an ultra sonde scan. Then, she left to speak with the MD.

He talked with me and I told me about having to pee within 3 to 5 minutes after I felt the urge. I also told him about dribbling after peeing. He did an ultra scan (with a handheld device) and told me “your prostate in nosing into your bladder”.

He said my bladder was very stretched out and that was a very bad thing. He wanted to put a catheter in. I talked him into letting me go with a week of pills and he said to come in next Moanday.

When I discussed this with Kathie, I had the realization that an additional week of pills would be futile. I fully expect to be fitted with the damned catheter this coming Moanday.

Kathie told me to just get it done. She also said I needed to get accustomed to the idea of a catheter. She is right!

If the catheter does not work, then Dr. Accouni will go up my urethra with “knives” and widen the urethra where it goes through bladder. I would be unconscious.

Damn right I’ll be out!

There ain’t no fucking way I would be able to lie still under a local while someone is slicing and dicing with knives put up my urethra.

Well, the catheter is intended to let me bladder shrink back to “normal size”.

I don’t know what the aftermath will be. I really do not want to have blood moving into the urine and then seeing it come out in the pee bag. That could be a real complication and one I am not looking forward to…

My Father had a prostrate problem but did not tell me anything about this. (I guess not even my Mother could believe I would someday be old enough to suffer this prostate problem.)
Whatever it was, I will have my own path into the darkness…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home