Some pseudo-random comments...

Thursday, May 26, 2016

storm on 24 May 2016

We had storms coming across Dodge City the evening of 24 May 2016. Some of these exhibited large tornadoes.

I went to the garage, opened the door twice and the first time, saw dime sized hail. The second time, it was dime to quarter sized and several chunks around 2 inches in diameter. I called this hail in to the NWS.

My hail report was never reported in a Local Storm Report or a Severe Weather Report.

I didn't recognize the voice on the phone. It could have been the new guy. However, I have not talked to the boys at the office since I retired on 31 January 2015 so I doubt I would have recognized the voice.

I realized I didn't know where the cat was. I was hoping she was hiding from the noise. I was also afraid she had somehow gotten past me and out of the garage and even was hiding in the garage. This fear ignores the reality that she is scared of going into the garage.

Then, the power went out. Fortunately, my new Kindle Fire puts out more light than my flash light. I sat on the toilet reading and felt my cat brushing against my legs. Maybe it was because I was in Jackie's "house" or maybe Jackie was simply upset. I was upset and fearful of tornadoes.

Shortly after 8 pm, I heard a horn and knew it was Kathie coming home from work. I also knew she wanted me to manually raise the garage door. So, I disengaged the garage door and manually raised it. I was waving at Kathie when the power came back on.

Kathie then drove into the garage and I tried to re-engage the garage door. I couldn't. Fortunately, I remembered that if you raise the door with the button, the door will automatically regage and it did so...

It was a scary spring event and the forecast is for more of the same tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home